Updated system tray icons by sgt-d for Fusion-Icon, based on Graphreak's winning Compiz Fusion Logo
original authors: crdlb, nesl247
modifications: sod/sgt-d - email@example.com
thanks: cyberorg, for suggesting i tackle this
i got tired of waiting for the new black & red fusion icon for the
system tray, so i made my own tray icons (based on graphreak's compiz
logo). and i didn't stop with just the black & red "fusion"
icon... i made tray icons for core, settings and decorator as
don't expect much, i suck. this is my first attempt (ever) at
creating icons in linux. i made these by cropping pieces of
graphreak's "winning" compiz fusion logo image ("compiz fusion
logos.png" in the "sgt" folder) and then hacking the shit out of them
in gimp. the end result is "ok" i guess. better than
extract this archive to a directory under your complete control, eg: home.
the shell scripts in the main folder...
note, you have to type ./ before the commands, as shown below.
- copies the specified icon set into the "images" folder
./icon-set-compiz-core = black with blue arrow
./icon-set-compiz-decorator = black with yellow window frame
./icon-set-compiz-fusion = black with red swirl (default for theme-sgt)
./icon-set-compiz-settings = black with green checkmark
./icon-set-fusion-icon = original fusion-icon (default for theme-org)
- uses the original libfusionicon.py (multiple screens)
- uses a custom libfusionicon.py to force compiz to use "--only-current-screen"
- uses the original icon theme and the original libfusionicon.py
- my custom libfusionicon.py (one screen only) and the black & red fusion icon
- this runs "sudo make install" to update the .py file and your icons in the system
icons will update as soon as you run ./go
use ./go instead of "make install" please. if you su in a
terminal and then forget to exit, you could end up with files and
folders owned by root instead of your user.
all screens / one screen only will not take affect until you restart fusion-icon
keep the terminal open and you only have to type the root pw once ;)